1. After your procedure please do not disturb the area. Avoid forcefully rinsing or spitting. Do not drink through a straw.
2. Some bleeding is normal for the first 24 hours. Biting on a gauze pad placed directly on the wound for 30 minutes will help reduce bleeding. If bleeding continues, please call our office at 212-382-2999.
3. Please take all medications, including mouth rinses, as prescribed.
4. After 24 hours, warm salt water rinses (one teaspoon of salt dissolved in eight ounces of warm water) can be used four to five times a day after meals.
5. After 24 hours, brush your teeth with a soft manual toothbrush. Be gentle with brushing the surgical areas.
6. Sutures may be placed after the surgery and most sutures dissolve on their own.
7. Swelling and bruising may occur. The use of ice packs following your surgery will help diminish the swelling in the next 48-72 hours. Applying ice for 15-20 minutes followed by resting the same amount of time works very well. After 24 hours, if swelling is till present, apply a warm pack to aid in comfort and reduce swelling and bruising. Alternate the warm pack on and off in 15 minute intervals, as needed.
8. Drink plenty of fluids. Stay away from spicy foods, and sharp and crunchy foods like tacos, chips and nuts. Tobacco and alcohol should not be used 24 hours following surgery. Alcohol should not be used in combination with pain medications nor antibiotics.
9. Keep physical activities to a minimum immediately following surgery.
10. If have any questions or concerns, or in the event in an emergency, please call our office at 212-514 5514. If you are experiencing a serious or life threatening emergency, please call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
A dental crown is a prosthetic tooth that’s placed over your natural tooth when it’s damaged or misshapen. Placement of a crown is the most common of all dental restorations and is an effective way to improve your smile and protect your oral health.
Invisalign provides an attractive alternative to traditional orthodontic treatments like braces. It’s a revolutionary new way to straighten teeth. This treatment uses clear, plastic aligners that fit over your teeth to gradually align them over time.
Veneers mimic the natural appearance of your teeth with a very thin layer of porcelain. Each veneer is custom-made to fit your individual teeth to ensure flawless results.
Wall Street Dental Spa offers partial or complete smile makeovers depending on your unique dental needs and aesthetic goals.
A dental implant is a metal post that a dentist implants into your jawbone beneath your gums. Essentially, it’s the root of your new tooth. Once the post is in place and your mouth fully heals, a process that typically takes a few weeks, your dentist mounts the new replacement tooth (crown) on the post permanently.
All-On-X implants are a specialized type of dental implant that allows for the restoration of large sections of teeth, up to an entire top or bottom arch.
A tooth extraction, or having your tooth pulled, is a dental procedure where your tooth is entirely removed. This is considered an oral surgery and is done by an oral surgeon, periodontist, or general surgeon.
Wisdom teeth are the final set of three sets of molars to erupt, usually between the ages of 17 and 21. Typically, there are two wisdom teeth on each side, one on the top and one on the bottom.
Sedation Dentistry (also known as IV Sedation) is a service offered by dental professionals to help you be as relaxed as possible while caring for your teeth and oral health. Using a variety of methods, sedation dentistry can help you experience less anxiety and pain during your dental procedures.
A root canal is a dental treatment that saves and repairs an infected tooth. If your tooth becomes severely infected from inside, one of the experienced dentists at Wall Street Dental Spa removes the bacteria and any dying or dead tissue. This allows them to protect your tooth and take away your pain.
Oral surgery refers to a group of procedures which diagnose or treat a variety of oral and dental problems. Oral surgery can be as simple as tooth extraction, or as complex as facial reconstruction after facial trauma.
You may need emergency dentistry at Wall Street Dental Spa if you have a problem with your teeth or mouth that requires immediate attention to prevent worsening pain, spreading infection, blood loss, or tooth loss.
Receding gums are when your gums pull or wear away and can potentially expose the roots of your teeth. This can increase your potential for pain, infection, and tooth loss.
Professional teeth whitening gives you results that are far superior to those you can get using over-the-counter whitening products alone. Using professional grade products, your teeth can safely and effectively become up to five shades* brighter than your natural teeth.
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder is a condition affecting the joint between the jaw and the skull. This joint is a complex system of bone, ligament, cartilage, and muscle.
We accept most PPO insurances plans, Medicaid/HMO Plans are not accepted.