1. Root canal therapy often takes two or more appointments to complete. A temporary filling or crown is placed to protect the tooth between appointments. After each appointment when anesthetic has been used, your lips, teeth and tongue may be numb for several hours after the appointment. Avoid any chewing until the numbness has completely worn off.
2. Between appointments it is common (and not a problem) for a small portion of your temporary filling to wear away or break off. If the entire filling falls out, or if a temporary crown comes off, call us so that it can be replaced.
3. It is normal to experience some discomfort for several days, especially when chewing. To control discomfort, take pain medication as recommended. To further reduce pain and swelling, rinse three times a day with a warm salt water rinse (one teaspoon of salt dissolved in eight ounces of warm water, rinse-swish-spit).
4. If antibiotics are prescribed, continue to take them as prescribed, even if all symptoms and signs of infection are gone.
5. To protect the tooth and help keep your temporary in place, avoid eating sticky foods (especially gum), hard foods, and if possible, chew only on the opposite side of your mouth. It is important to continue to brush and floss normally.
6. Usually, the last step after root canal treatment is the placement of a crown on the tooth. A crown covers and protects the tooth from breaking in the future. If your bite feels uneven, if you have persistent swelling or pain, or you have any other questions or concerns, please call our office at (212) 514-5514.
A dental crown is a prosthetic tooth that’s placed over your natural tooth when it’s damaged or misshapen. Placement of a crown is the most common of all dental restorations and is an effective way to improve your smile and protect your oral health.
Invisalign provides an attractive alternative to traditional orthodontic treatments like braces. It’s a revolutionary new way to straighten teeth. This treatment uses clear, plastic aligners that fit over your teeth to gradually align them over time.
Veneers mimic the natural appearance of your teeth with a very thin layer of porcelain. Each veneer is custom-made to fit your individual teeth to ensure flawless results.
Wall Street Dental Spa offers partial or complete smile makeovers depending on your unique dental needs and aesthetic goals.
A dental implant is a metal post that a dentist implants into your jawbone beneath your gums. Essentially, it’s the root of your new tooth. Once the post is in place and your mouth fully heals, a process that typically takes a few weeks, your dentist mounts the new replacement tooth (crown) on the post permanently.
All-On-X implants are a specialized type of dental implant that allows for the restoration of large sections of teeth, up to an entire top or bottom arch.
A tooth extraction, or having your tooth pulled, is a dental procedure where your tooth is entirely removed. This is considered an oral surgery and is done by an oral surgeon, periodontist, or general surgeon.
Wisdom teeth are the final set of three sets of molars to erupt, usually between the ages of 17 and 21. Typically, there are two wisdom teeth on each side, one on the top and one on the bottom.
Sedation Dentistry (also known as IV Sedation) is a service offered by dental professionals to help you be as relaxed as possible while caring for your teeth and oral health. Using a variety of methods, sedation dentistry can help you experience less anxiety and pain during your dental procedures.
A root canal is a dental treatment that saves and repairs an infected tooth. If your tooth becomes severely infected from inside, one of the experienced dentists at Wall Street Dental Spa removes the bacteria and any dying or dead tissue. This allows them to protect your tooth and take away your pain.
Oral surgery refers to a group of procedures which diagnose or treat a variety of oral and dental problems. Oral surgery can be as simple as tooth extraction, or as complex as facial reconstruction after facial trauma.
You may need emergency dentistry at Wall Street Dental Spa if you have a problem with your teeth or mouth that requires immediate attention to prevent worsening pain, spreading infection, blood loss, or tooth loss.
Receding gums are when your gums pull or wear away and can potentially expose the roots of your teeth. This can increase your potential for pain, infection, and tooth loss.
Professional teeth whitening gives you results that are far superior to those you can get using over-the-counter whitening products alone. Using professional grade products, your teeth can safely and effectively become up to five shades* brighter than your natural teeth.
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder is a condition affecting the joint between the jaw and the skull. This joint is a complex system of bone, ligament, cartilage, and muscle.
We accept most PPO insurances plans, Medicaid/HMO Plans are not accepted.